VIN No: 1E30164
Odometer: 45,000 miles
I have other Jaguar XKE available, please visit my home page for complete list.
This lovely British Racing Green with tan leather 2 person fixed head coupe went through a complete nuts and bolts restoration, which was completed in 2004. This is a series 1 car with the desirable combination of the 4.2 liter engine and the full synchronized manual gearbox. There are over $20K in parts receipts! This does NOT include the cost of restoring the body, paint, wire wheels, the labor to rebuild the engine, nor the labor to rebuilt many of the components and reassembly of the car. Needless to say, my Buy it Now price is less than what a takes to restore one of these Jaguars to this high quality level. Click here to see photos of the car while it was being restored.
The photos below do not do the car justice, you really need to see the car in person to get a good appreciation of the quality of the restoration. This car is not a trailer queen, it has been driven after the car was restored. Many times cars that have completed a nuts and bolts restoration are simply used for shows and have not been sorted out for regular driving. If you are looking for a Jaguar you can drive yet be able to take to shows .... this car is perfect! Below is a partial list of the things that were done during the restoration:
- body was taken down to bare metal, COMPLETELY disassembled, and repainted
- engine block and head were completely redone. The engine block is the original, the head was replaced.
- all glass, including the doors, were removed
- engine frame rails were removed and painted, new bolts were used for re-assembly
- new wiring harness
- front suspension was redone
- rear differential and suspension were redone
- brake calipers were redone
- new wiring hardness
- new stainless steel exhaust
- new headliner
- new interior kit
- new wire wheels
- new red line tires
- full synchro gearbox was rebuilt
- front suspension was powder coated
- chrome bumpers and trim were redone
- new high efficiency radiator fan
- new hoses and belts
- and MUCH more!
Mechanically the car is superb! The full synchro gearbox shift well, and the engine is one of the fastest I have driven in a while. Oil pressure is 50+psi. If you are looking for a superb fixed head coupe in an awesome color combination ... this is it!
Car comes with jack in the bag, owner's manual, knock off hammer, over 100 restoration photos and many receipts.